So here I am, still in Ireland, and this is where I will stay until the end of the semester. Like I said yesterday, my flight to Paris was cancelled...and the airspace isn't open until later tomorrow. I tried to see if there were flights sometime soon, but out of Ireland to anywhere is completely booked until Sunday, so that would mean less than 3 days in Switzerland before our flight back to Ireland. :( It's been a very odd couple days being in the dark about flights and whether things will be open or closed, so I am finally relieved with the present news and my final decision.
I decided to not chance a "test flight" and ferries were all booked, so I will stay here in Ireland. What a horrible thing it is to be here!! (<-- Major Sarcasm!)I am sad that our plans for Switzerland will not be possible, but this was something no one anticipated, so I am not sorry for spending the money to book places, and then not be able to go. I am very proud of my decision. There were too many "if's" involved...once in Paris would we be able to get a train to Switzerland? (because they are on strike lol) and once in Switzerland and wanting to get back to Ireland, would we be able to? Who knows! I was not willing to take that sort of a risk...and I'm an adventurous girl! Heck, I just planned a spur of the moment week long trip around Ireland, and I was prepared to go by myself if I couldn't find anyone to travel with! Adventure definitely does not frighten me. This sort of expedition to go out of the safe zone into a chaotic arena of flight disruptions - just for a vacation (rather than to get home or to an important meeting or event) - seemed neither wise nor appealing to me.
It's funny to look back: A week ago today I was in Doolin at the Cliffs of Moher, and I thought I was shortly going to Paris and Switzerland for 12 days. It's funny how a couple days can change a lot :) I'm very thankful that I am not stranded by the volcano in a foreign country with finances being a worry just to provide for a place to stay and food to eat. God certainly knows best, and I am happy to go with the flow! :)
This is good news, because now I can study more, calm my nerves for my exams, and possibly explore more of Ireland!
Thanks for bearing with me through these chaotic times! I apologize if this has been a rambling sort of entry.
I pray that all of you reading this will have a blessed day :)
I'll be in touch soon, Mariss
No comments:
Post a Comment