Friday, April 16, 2010

And I thought volcanoes were mostly extinct...

Well, here I am on this lovely Friday night...sitting in my dorm room typing this blog :) They say if you want to make God laugh, show Him your plans. God must be having a great laugh now, because I have come across a different plan than I had arranged. Ha ha ha. See? A laugh!

I was supposed to fly out of Ireland to Paris this afternoon, but because of the volcano eruptions in Iceland, my flight was cancelled. I have no idea why I am so relieved to not be going, but I am!! I was going to make the most of our trip and I was going to enjoy seeing Paris for sure, but deep down I felt that there was something not quite right about me going. Last night, I broke down and wondered if I really should go....pre-travelling jitters I guess you could call it. Nevertheless, I overcame my nerves and got confirmation that I was meant to go. I woke up this morning bright and early all packed and ready to go on my last adventure of these last 6 weeks in Ireland. The funny part is that my friend and I only found out that our flight was cancelled after our 3 hour bus ride to the airport :) Luckily the wonderful airport people were able to book us a flight for free. They booked it at the earliest possible...Tuesday afternoon. So, as it is right now, I am going to Paris...but for less than 24 hours! hehe. After a quick blitz tour around the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and Saint-Germain Boulevard, we are then heading into Switzerland for the remainder of our planned trip.

I am eager to see what other surprises God has in store for me...it keeps my life interesting!!
Well, I should get to unpacking and attempting to study for finals (might as well use these couple extras days for good use...I really need to stop facebook creeping in my spare time lol)
If I have any other news, I will be sure to update you all! :)
Much love, mariss

No comments:

Post a Comment